Thursday, April 07, 2005

Reality fantasy

My favorite intermittent Iraqi blogger says:



"I have a suggestion of my own for a reality show. Take 15 Bush supporters and throw them in a house in the suburbs of, say, Falloojeh for at least 14 days. We could watch them cope with the water problems, the lack of electricity, the check points, the raids, the Iraqi National Guard, the bombings, and- oh yeah- the ‘insurgents’. We could watch their house bombed to the ground and their few belongings crushed under the weight of cement and brick or simply burned or riddled with bullets. We could see them try to rebuild their life with their bare hands (and the equivalent of $150)…



"I’d not only watch *that* reality show, I’d tape every episode."



Read more at Baghdad Burning

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a better reality show: take a bunch of Democrats, and put them in a country run by Sadam Hussein. Watch them as their daughters get raped in front of their eyes. Watch them beg for mercy as they are tortured for being suspected enemies. Watch them get their ears cut off for fun. Any shot you'd tape that?

11:16 PM  
Blogger Billf said...

I'm going to leave these comments up for a while only to show how quickly we can sink into shouting-match mode. Come on guys, neither of you seemed to notice that I was quoting someone WHO LIVES IN BAGHDAD, and is obviously quite aware that Saddam was an evil dictator. That doesn't mean she doesn't have plenty reason to be angry at the World's Self-appointed Policeman too.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home